Sunday, June 20, 2010

Forgiveness

So, I've learned a major part of Christianity is forgiveness. In Christ's death we as humans received God's ultimate sacrifice to show forgiveness, so who are we to deny it to other people? Oh so easier said than done, but it's one of the principles I'm working on personally.

In my life my dad and I had a big spat years ago. It involved my husband, but mostly had to do with my dad's drinking problem. The rift has been big and heavy and heartbreaking for me on more than one occasion. So yesterday, for the first time in 4 1/2 years I went to my parents' home. It wasn't some monumental thing and my dad ended up not being there, but it was nice to pretend it was normal. I'm hoping if I keep on striving for forgiveness and keep fighting through for 'normal' that things will be easier again.

I also hope he finds forgiveness and finds himself longing for it as well. Nothing goes quite as far in mending a relationship like a heart felt "I'm sorry" Unfortunately, our sinning pride sometimes makes us stumble over those words.

No comments:

Post a Comment