Sunday, June 27, 2010

Money

Apparently summer is the slow time at our church and because of that fact, my mailbox has been full of reminders to keep up giving. This morning I was ready to take a break from church if they pressed for money again. I don't have any! My husband was laid off, things are so tight they squeak and because I know that but still want to give, I've volunteered for everything at church that I possibly can. So when they ask for money over and over, I feel bad and I don't go to church to feel bad.

It's fine if the sermon makes me look at myself and find things lacking, but with some things...I just can't change the money issue right now. I'd like things to be different, but stewardship demands that I give time instead of cash at the moment. So, this morning, the pastors had eased back and it was a huge relief for me. I rely on the pastors to be a conduit into the Bible and they help me be closer to Jesus, so I value their words and take them personally. So I needed them to back off with money.

I have to rely on God right now to get through the hard times my family is facing so getting pulled more isn't what I want. If it's what God thinks I need, well I can't change that but for the moment I'm glad for the reprieve.

No comments:

Post a Comment